|BIOGRAPHIES OF SPEAKERS
|Year : 2015 | Volume
| Issue : 7 | Page : 6-10
Biographies of The Speaker
|Date of Web Publication||18-Feb-2015|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. Biographies of The Speaker. Clin Cancer Investig J 2015;4, Suppl S1:6-10
Biography - Dr. Halima Abahssain
Dr. H. Abahssain is presently a Medical Oncologist at the National Institute of Oncology of Rabat. From 2008 to 2009, she was at Edouard Herriot Hospital in Lyon, Hematology and Stem Cell Transplantation Department and in Saint Antoine Hospital in Paris, Oncology Digestive Department. She has a diploma of biostatistics from Mohamed V University, Faculty of Medicine and a diploma of supportive cares from University of Descart Paris V. Her researches are published in international indexed revues and which treat cancer in diverse localizations (breast, gynecological, digestive and hematology).
Biography - Pr. M. Alaoui Jamali
Departments of Medicine, Oncology, and Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Segal Cancer Center, McGill University, Montreal, Canada. E-mail: email@example.com
Moulay Jamali is Professor of Oncology and Senior Cancer Scientist at McGill University Medical School (Montreal), which he joined in 1995.
After completing his training in Cancer Pharmacology and and Molecular Oncology at the Institut de Recherches Scientifique sur le Cancer and Paris-Sud Medical School (France) and the Cancer Centre of the Roswell Park Memorial Institute in the USA. His work has included a breadth of interdisciplinary oncology aspects bridging basic to applied research addressing molecular mechanisms of cancer progression and discovery of innovative therapeutics, including for advanced breast cancer. His team has contributed significantly to these fields and has published over 145 peer-reviewed publications, reviews, textbooks, and monographs. He has served on numerous national/international scientific and steering committees and review panels. His work has been recognized by numerous national and international distinguished awards.
Biography - Pr. Ala-Eddin Al Moustafa
ABS Research and Development, Oncology Department, McGill University and Department of Mechanical Engineering, Concordia University; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; and Syrian Research Cancer Centre of the Syrian Society against Cancer, Aleppo, Syria. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ala-Eddin Al Moustafa has earned his B.Sc. from Aleppo University (Aleppo-Syria) and his Master as well as PhD from the Institute of Cellular and Molecular Embryology of the CNRS and Collθge de France and Paris XIII University (Paris-France). He completed his training as a postdoctoral fellow at the Biotechnology Research Institute of the National Research Council of Canada and McGill University (Montreal-Canada). After completing his Post-doc training, Dr. Al Moustafa held, for several years, a position as Project Director and Assistant Professor at the Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and the Oncology Department of McGill University, respectively. Dr. Al Moustafa together with his colleagues from Aleppo University established the first Cancer Research Centre in Aleppo-Syria within the Syrian Society against Cancer in September 2009, and together with several researchers from the Middle East founded the Middle-Eastern Association for Cancer Research and its journal (Clinical Cancer Investigation) in December 2009 and 2011, respectively. Dr. Al Moustafa serves as the editor of the CCIJ and an editorial board member of several international journals as well as national and international grant committees related to cancer research. Recently Dr. Al Moustafa has co-founded the ABS Research and Development Company in Montreal-Canada
Research Interests: Dr. Al Moustafa published more than sixty five papers and book chapters; his main research focuses on the roles of several Oncogenes and Onco-viruses, especially high-risk HPV and EBV, in human carcinogenesis and metastasis as well as the roles of EGF-receptor members and their interactions with cell-cell adhesion proteins in the progression of human cancer.
Biography - Chouaib Salem
Dr. Salem Chouaib completed his undergraduate studies at the university of Pierre and Marie Curie (Paris VI) at Pasteur Institute. He received his Doctorat es-sciences (Ph.D.) in immunology, (laboratory of Jean Dausset, Nobel prize in medicine) in 1983 from the same university. He then joined the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York where he undertook a post-doctoral training in Human Immnogenetics Laboratory. In 1986, he was appointed as research associate at the French National Institute of Health and Biomedical Research (INSERM) and joined the tumor biology department at the Institut Gustave Roussy. At present he is research director and is heading the INSERM research unit 753 (Human Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy).
Dr. Chouaib's laboratory currently focuses on the investigation of the functional cross talk between cytotoxic cells and tumor targets in the context of tumor microenvironment complexity and plasticity. Dr. Chouaib research was constantly directed at impulsing the transfer of fundamental concepts in clinical application in particular in the field of cancer vaccine and cancer immunotherapy.
He was awarded the cancer research prize of the French ligue against cancer in 1992 and in 2004 the presidential prize in biotechnology. He is lecturing tumor immunology for the PhD programs at the University Paris Sud. His research resulted in more than 220 scientific articles and several reviews in the field of human immunology and tumor biology as well as in editorship for contribution to several books. Furthermore he is guest lecturer at different universities. He is ad hoc referee for numerous journals and scientific foundations. He is a member of various professional associations and is scientific advisor and consultant in many scientific institutions.
Biography - Christos Chouaid
Is full Professor of Pneumology, specialist on thoracic oncology, and Public Health (Economics) in University Paris Est Creteil (Paris XII),
Currently Head of the Department of Thoracic Oncology on CHI Creteil, Member of the major scientific associations in the field of respiratory diseases and thoracic oncology, reviewer of the main Respiratory diseases peer review journals, Vice President of the GFPC (Groupe Franηais d'oncologie Thoracique) a French national network dedicated to research of thoracic oncology, international and national investigator of several clinical trials, author of around 170 pubmed indexed articles.
Biography - Jean Pierre Droz, MD, PhD
Claude-Bernard Lyon 1 University and Unit cancer - Environment, Centre Lιon-Bιrard, Lyon, France.
Jean-Pierre Droz has obtained his M.D. degree in 1975 at the Paris-VI University School of Medicine, his Ph.D. at the Lyon-I Claude-Bernard University. He was formerly Chairman of the Department of Medicine at the Institut Gustave-Roussy in Villejuif and thereafter Chairman of the Department of Medical Oncology and Director of Teaching Program at the Centre Lιon-Bιrard in Lyon. Since September 2008 he is Emeritus Professor of Medical Oncology at the Claude-Bernard Lyon1 University, Lyon-Est School of Medicine, and Scientific Consultant at the Centre Lιon-Bιrard. Since January 2010 he is attending physician of medical oncology at the University Hospital in Cayenne (French Guiana) and is teaching at the French Guiana and West Indies University Medical School. His major subjects of clinical research are: Genito-Urinary tumours, mainly Germ-Cell Tumours and Prostate Cancer, Geriatric Oncology and Endocrine Tumours medical treatment. He was the chairman of the Genito-Urinary Tumour Group (GETUG) of the French Comprehensive Cancer Centre Network (1994-1999). He is past-president of the SIOG (International Society of Geriatric Oncology). He served as member of the Geriatric Oncology Board and president of Rare Cancer Program Task Force of the French National Cancer Institute. He has managed and/or participated to more than 80 clinical trials. He has published more than 300 manuscripts in international peer-reviewed journals. He has participated to more than thirty chapters in books and has edited a textbook on uncommon cancers and a textbook on GU cancers in elderly patients. Since 2009 he is involved in the organization of oncology in the French Guiana and manages patients with cancer in Cayenne University Hospital. His interest concerns prostate cancer treatment, geriatric Oncology and now the management of cancers and malignant haematological diseases in the tropical area.
Biography- Aamir Ehsan, MD
Medical Director and President, CorePath Laboratories San Antonio, Texas, USA
Aamir Ehsan, MD is American board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology and in subspecialties of Hematopathology, Molecular Genetics and Transfusion Medicine. Dr. Ehsan completed pathology residency at Monmouth Medical Center (Hahnemann University), with subspecialty training as a Transfusion Medicine fellow at Ohio State University and as a Hematopathology fellow at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. His expertise in these subspecialties provides a uniquely integrated diagnostic approach to hematopoietic disease processes.
During the last 11 years, Dr. Ehsan has served as a faculty member at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Dr. Ehsan has excelled as a national expert in the field of hematopathology with expertise in bone marrow, lymph node and tissue-based hematolymphoid neoplasms. His tenure as the Director of the Flow Cytometry and Molecular Genetics Laboratories, contributed to his extensive experience in cutting edge testing related to the rapidly changing field of Pathology. Dr. Ehsan is an outstanding communicator (with multiple awards for excellence in teaching) and has mentored many pathology residents and hematopathology and hematology/oncology fellows. He has contributed significantly to scientific work in peer reviewed journal articles, authored textbook chapters and has been the invited speaker at national teleconferences.
Dr. Ehsan is the Founder and serves as the Medical Director of CorePath Laboratories in Texas, USA. CorePath is a nationally reputable laboratory with expertise in Oncologic Pathology.
Biography- Dr. Essaadi Ismail
Medical Oncology Department at Ibn Sina Military Hospital of Marrakech.
ESSADI ISMAIL is native of Casablanca in 08-10-1982, and has lived in Marrakesh since 2013. Since 2007, he practices Medical Oncology area in which he has several publications. In 2010 he worked as attached to the Medical Department of the Cancer Institute Gustave Roussy in Villejuif in France. In this capacity he participated in several clinical trials. Member of the Moroccan Association for Research and Training in Medical Oncology, Cancer Moroccan society, and the European Society for Medical Oncology. In 2012 he obtained a university certificate in clinical trials. Since 2013, he is responsible for the medical oncology department at Ibn Sina military hospital of Marrakech.
Biography - Dr. Abderrazak Hajjioui
1. Scientific and professional career
- Head of Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University Hospital Hassan II fez since November 2011.
- Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation since April 2011, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University, Fez.
- Graduated as Physiatrist in 2009.
- Certificate of specialized training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Paris V, 2005-2007.
- Doctor of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Mohamed V University, Rabat July 2005.
2. Abilities and academic degrees
- European Master of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in the ECPIR "Education Curricula Project in rehabilitation" designed by Tempus MEDA Morocco 2006-2009 in collaboration with the University of Messina (Italy) project , University Paris V Renι Descartes ( France ) and the University Mohamed V. (Rabat).
- Certificate of Specialized Training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation , University Renι Descartes Paris V. Faculty of Medicine Cochin Port-Royal, 2005-2007.
- University Diploma of Epidemiology and Clinical Research. Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Sidi Mohamed ben Abdallah University. Fez, 2004-2005.
- University Diploma "Orthopedic Medicine and Physiotherapy," Renι Descartes Paris V University Faculty of Medicine Cochin Port- Royal, 2006-2007.
- Inter-University Diploma "cranio-cerebral trauma. Medical and social aspects" University of Versailles Saint -Quentin. Faculty of Medicine, 2005-2006.
- University Degree in Medical Education. University Mohamed V. Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Rabat, 2008-2010.
- Ability "Assessment and treatment of pain", Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University France. From 2010 to 2012.
- University degree "Musculoskeletal ultrasonography" Joseph Fourier University - Grenoble 2012-2013.
- University degree "prosthetics and orthotics for motor disability," Nancy - Lorraine University. 2012-2013.
3. Research activity
- More than 40 papers in the National and International Medical Journal.
4. Teaching and administrative responsibilities
- Member of the Board of Directors of Hassan II University Hospital of Fez 2013-2016.
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee of Hassan II University Hospital of Fez.
- Head of Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in Hassan II University Hospital of Fez.
- Member of the Courses and Exams Commission, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy of Fez.
- Member of the Laboratory of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University, Fez.
- Responsible of a research team "psychophysics" in the Laboratory of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University, Fez.
- Member of the Sinology Committee of Hassan II University Hospital of Fez.
- Member of Thoracic Oncology Committee of Hassan II University Hospital of fez
Biography - Dr. Nabil Ismaili
Medical Oncology, Mohammed VI University Hospital, Marrakech, Morocco . E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 00(212)665019636
After 5 years of medical school at Mohammed V University, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy and 2 years of medical practice at the University Hospital in Rabat - Morocco, he joined the department of medical oncology at the National Institute of Oncology in Rabat for a period of 4 years and the department of medical oncology at Lιon-bιrard Cancer Center in France for a period of 1 years and he get the degree of Medical Oncologist.
The main research areas in which he participated concerned different types and aspects of cancer diseases: Breast and gynecologic cancers, urological cancers, gastro-intestinal cancers and nasopharyngeal cancers.
His team has contributed significantly to these fields and has published over than 70 peer-reviewed publications.
He is an executive member in various associations in Cancer Research (MEACR: Meddle East Association of Cancer Research; ASCAS: Association Scientifique des Cancιrologues du Sud; AMFROM: The Moroccan Association of Training and Research in Medical Oncology). In addition, I have several certificates in different fields of oncology (short training in Morocco and abroad).
He worked at regional cancer center of Agadir from July 2010 to July 2012. Currently He work as a Medical Oncologist at the Cancer Center of Marrakech in Morocco.
Specialisations: Breast cancer and Urologic cancers.
He is an editor of Books:
- Management of gastric cancer: INTECH http://www.intechopen.com/books/management-of-gastric-cancer
- Handbook of urothelial cancers (in process): Nova Publishers
Editorial Board member of several journals:
- Journal of clinical urology and urologic thechnology; http://jcuut.uscip.us/. Journal of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, http://journalofnasopharyngealcarcinoma.org/. Case report in urology, http://www.hindawi.com/crim/urology/. The Open Access Journal of Science and Thechnology.
- Guest Editor: Curent Angiogenesis: Topic: Antiangiogenic agents in solid malignancies.
Biography - Pr JALIL Abdelouahed
National Institute of Oncology, Rabat Morocco. E-mail: email@example.com
Head of Unit of Oncologic Surgery Member of the French Association of Surgery. Graduated from Paris Sud University in Breast Cancer Surgery and Restorative Breast Surgery.
Biogrphy - Dr. Nawfel Mellas
Professor of Medical Oncolog at the Faculty of Medicine of Fez, and Head of the Department of Medical Oncology at Hassan II University Hospital. Founding member of the Moroccan Association for Research and Training in Medical Oncology and Assistant Treasurer of the Moroccan Society of Cancer. Pr. Nawfel Mellas has more than 90 publications in international journals under forms of articles and abstracts. He is particularly interested in Lung Cancer and Translational Research in Oncology with several projects currently underway.
Biography - Dr. Sihame Lkhoyaali
Department of Medical Oncology, National Institute of Oncology, Rabat, Morocco
Lkhoyaali sihame was admitted in March 2008 as an intern at the University Hospital Ibn Sina Rabat. She began her training in medical oncology at the National Institute of Oncology Moulay Abdellah in 2010. The subject of herdoctorat was presented at the European society of medical oncology Congress and interest the impact of cancer in the elderly and family. In 2012, she won the best abstract in Panarab congress. Actually she is a member of ESMO, ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) and AMFROM (Moroccan Association for Training and Research in Medical Oncology). Her research interests are diverse: Psycho-oncology, targeted and anti-angiogenic therapy.
Biography - Nadia El-Sayed Zaki, MD
Medicine and Hematology, Clinical Director of Alexandria Clinical Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile Phone: +2 0100 5 32 65 45
Dr. Zaki is the Executive Clinical Director of Alexandria Clinical Research Center. She is a Certified Trainer of Good Clinical Practice, Clinical Research Coordination, and International Research Ethics, University of Maryland, USA. She is Professor of Internal Medicine, Hematology and Hemato-Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt. She is an active member of several National and International Societies of Hematology, Hemato-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation including the International Society of Hematology (ISH), the European Society of Hematology (EHA) and the Arab Medical Association against Cancer (AMAAC). She has several local, regional and international publications in the field of Hematology and Clinical Research. She was awarded the Best Hematology Research Award for Alexandria University, December 1999, the certificate of EXPERT in clinical trials from AMAAC, ASCO and MECRA on 5 March 2011 and the Clinical Trials Honour Roll on the International Clinical Trials Day 20 May 2011. She is currently the Principal Investigator in several phase III/IV multicenter International and National Clinical Trials and had excellent audit experience. She assisted in the establishment of Alexandria Clinical Research Center in 2006 and is a member of several Research Ethics Committees in Egypt. She participated in the organization of several workshops, seminars and conferences in Alexandria, throughout Egypt and abroad for training of investigators, clinical research coordinators and IRB members on GCP, Clinical Trials and Research Ethics. She is a Trainer of GCP and Research Ethics at the National Training Center of Egyptian Ministry of Health and several Clinical Research Organizations.
Biography - Pr. Abdelmajid Zyad
Faculty of Sciences and Techniques, Beni Mellal-Morocco
- Professor of Higher Education (immunology and molecular biology)
- Ex-Vice Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology of Beni Mellal for Research, scientific cooperation and training.
- PhD (Immunology and Molecular Biology) from the University of Paris XI and the Gustave Roussy Institute (Cancer Institute) in 1994, Villejuif-France.
- Post-doc at the Allergy-Immunology and Infectious Diseases Laboratory at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)-University of Pennsylvania, (USA) (1994-1995).
- PhD from the Cadi Ayyad University - Marrakech (1998) (Immunology and Molecular Biology).
- Head of the Laboratory of Biological Engineering, Cellular and Molecular Immunopharmacology, immunobiology of tumors (Faculty of Sciences and Technologies, Beni Mellal) (1999-present).
- Responsible for doctoral training: "Natural Resources, Environment and Health" in the Center for Doctoral Studies "Science and Technology" (2008-present).
- Head of the Master: "Health and Environment"
- Supervisor of many national doctoral dissertations, master's and graduation projects of undergraduates.
- Author of numerous national and international publications.
- Responsible for teaching immunology and molecular biology at the Faculty of Sciences and Technologies- Beni Mellal (1996-present) and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy Marrakech (2002-2009).
- Member of numerous scholarly associations at national and international level.
- President of the Association source fight against cancer in the Tadla-Azilal region.
| Article Access Statistics|
| Viewed||1654 |
| Printed||19 |
| Emailed||0 |
| PDF Downloaded||17 |
| Comments ||[Add] |